At ICT, Junior High School are the grades following the Primary School education (namely 7th through 9th). It is the continuation of the process started in Pre-School and Primary School. At this stage, Teacher-Student relationship is modified to adapt to the myriad changes that teenagers undergo. They are struggling between childhood and adolescence, and trying to rebuild their spiritual and psychosocial identity. We therefore try to provide a warm environment where they can feel at ease. We believe that in such pleasant atmosphere teens can build long-lasting relationships and develop into clear-thinking adolescents, endowed with cognitive and social skills which will enable them to better understand the world around them. Within this framework, teens gradually discover the Ignatian way of proceeding, and prepare the field for growing as men and women for others and with others.
During the Junior High School years, the pursuit of human excellence, characteristic of Jesuit Education, is instilled in our students by:
1. Consolidating habits and skills instituted from preschool throughout Primary School, and made evident in intellectual and ethical behaviors, suitable for this developmental stage.
2. Guiding students side by side in their formation, as they discover and assimilate the spiritual, social and personal renewal they are undertaking.
3. Preparing our students in excellence, providing them with challenging and engaging experiences; always in an atmosphere of tolerance and diversity. This ambience helps create strong bonds among students, as well as, teaching and administrative staff, where respect and a sense of loyalty prevail, enabling our fundamental concept of pursuing the common good.
4. Encouraging our students to achieve meaningful learning that strengthens their intellectual development in a social ground based on human values. We believe that helping shape clear-thinking students to use their God-given talents can help build a more just, more loving society.
5. Promoting an adequate display of emotions, together with bodily awareness, as well as a keen interest in creativity and imagination to enrich the learning experience.
Our school is well furnished and equipped, thus providing adequate spaces for learning, playing sports and socializing. There is air conditioning in all classrooms (Language and Science labs, Art and Multimedia rooms). We offer high tech resources and spacious and comfortable areas for each purpose.
Upon completion of 9th grade (the last year in Junior High School), students receive a certification from the British Council, attesting the holder’s level of proficiency in the English language. The certifications are: KET (Key English Test), and PET (Preliminary English Test).
CONTACT INFORMATION 306.54.00 * 00 ADMISSIONS EXT. 1101 * firstname.lastname@example.org
ASSISTANT TO JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL DIVISION EXT. 1159 * SEVENTH GRADE OFFICE EXT. 1113 * EIGHTH GRADE OFFICE EXT. 1130 * NINTH GRADE OFFICE EXT. 1155